Friday, September 18, 2009

What's The Agenda?

So....I've started to read news from different sources like The Onion and I've even listened to BBC just out of curiosity. It made me start listening to the news differently when in my comm 1600 class my teacher said that everyone in the "news" industry has a reason for giving you the information that they are giving you. Whats the message? And why are they giving it to you?

So i'm looking at MSNBC right now and they've decided to cover a story on turning parking spots into a park for the day. With a photo of a dude with a laptop in a flannel shirt just chillin in a parking spot. WTF? Seriously.... What is this message? There has to be something more important to be talking about then this. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32916362/ns/us_news-environment/. I'm not sayng this is a bad artic;e or that the actual purpose behind the act is stupid, even though it is, but I want to know whats going on. In America.

With my government, with my rights for healthcare and with my new president. I want someone to tell me the truth without all the fluff. Even the onion or the colbert report is still so sarcastic and cynical they aren't getting the message across either. Everyone has a different agenda that they are setting the stage for. Some want comedy others wnt to cover something "green" because that's popular right now? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment