Wednesday, September 30, 2009

RANT

My last post talked about agenda setting. I've been reading up a little bit on healthcare and everything that's available to know about it, which isn't much, and if you know me you've heard me talk about how I don't feel like I have a voice at all. I'm not old enough to vote. Which is the number one issue. The number two issue is that even if I could vote, is anybody listening?

This article I read on CNN.com is talking about how the public option for healthcare may or may not be dead. President Obama has been nurturing this project of his since before he was elected, even the president has his own agenda to set. I am not sure if I care one way or another about healthcare, I'm just bothered that it feels like I don't have a choice.

I just graduated from high school, which just means I most recently learned about U.S. Government and how bills are made/passed. There have been so many bills that citizens would like to be passed, or just considered, that haven't been because they aren't important enough or... something. Whatever the reason it just adds to my opinion that even though I love my country, and even though my government is somewhat flawed, I know I'm lucky to have it the way I do... I just feel like our politicians don't give a shit, and they've never given a shit but at least our other presidents were more .... under the table about it. Which is how I prefer dirty deeds to be done.... Why is this so important? And urgent... like they are wasting no fucking time on trying to get this shit done and legitimized. It baffles me. He was barely sworn in and it feels like it was already a done deal.

Our president is either very proactive, and hardworking, doing what he thinks is best for this country...or he's crazy... either way WTF
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/30/public.option/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment