Friday, October 23, 2009

Swine Flu Hype


I got home Sunday evening from my bachelorette party in Vegas where I stayed up really late, had a few drinks, didn't sleep very well. I had just gotten my wisdom teeth out a little over a week before so I already wasn't one hundred percent. I get home, monday i'm exhausted, not sleeping really caught up to me. Tuesday I am up and moving around but i'm feeling pretty sick. That night I had a fever through the roof... and since tuesday I have basically been laying on my couch thinking I was going to die.

To be accurate, thursday I went to the doctor because I had started to violently throw up. I could barely walk and I knew something was seriously wrong. By wednesday I had started to feel this ache in my back which I think started on tuesday but I must not have noticed because it started as a bit of a muscle ache, I thought that that wasn't uncommon since I work out it might have been some stiffness. Well when I went to the doctor I was thinking either swine flu or kidney infection either one sucks because I get married next thursday and I have a lot of stuff to do between now and then.

Turns out it was a kidney infection.

The remarkable thing about this whole story is that mustiple times through my fever haze I can remmebr being so scared that it was swine flu and I might die, that I think it made my symptoms worse. I can remember feeling my heart beat speed up and my face get hotter. Almost like my brain was like, ok we thought it was this one thing but she is saying it's another so... let's freak out!

The swine flu hype makes me sick...literally.
When I went into the clinic where my doctor is they have a sign asking that if you have a fever, cough, runny nose etc.. to where a little mask like the doctors wear. So I did and I just remember thinking....

Now I look like everyone in the pictures. I have swine flu, and I'm going to die... www.cdc.gov/H1N1flu/qa.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment