Tuesday, March 12, 2013

La Reve... The Dream

I Looked into some info on La Reve today. The trip is getting nearer with every passing day and I am excited and nervous. About a year ago me and my husband (my dance partner) auditioned for a spot on the show (La Reve). La Reve means "The Dream" and is all about the dream world we enter into when we close our eyes and aspire to unimaginable things. Summer 2011 talent managers from the show came to Center Stage Dance Studio here in Orem and I auditioned. I was excited to learn, that the dancers choreograph the show. For example, at the audition two current cast members and performers taught the audition choreography, which was an actual piece on the show. It was such fun choreography to dance I wish I would have gotten the job. These same dancers choreographed the routines for the stage in Vegas. Because of this I am excited to see the other pieces because I will know that most of the performers prepared the actual pieces being performed. The show will be spectacular! I am curious to see how the executives monitor their numbers an what is the determining factor in which pieces of choreography get on stage and which ones aren't popular. Essentlially, how do they know what people want to see? I am going to bet most of their audience comes from a word of mouth basis. Which means it is going to be good, since it is still running and pretty popular. Love me some Vegas! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment